Medicare Open Enrollment begins on October 15th and runs until December 7th. It is the period of time when current Medicare users can choose to re-evaluate their Medicare coverage, including Medicare Advantage (also known as “Part C”) and/or Part D coverage, and compare it against all the other plans on the market. During open enrollment, you may find a plan that is a better fit for your current healthcare needs, at which time you can switch to, drop, or add a Medicare Advantage or Part D plan. It important to note that you cannot use Open Enrollment to enroll in Part A and/or Part B for the first time.
Who can take advantage of Open Enrollment and what can I do?
- Anyone who has Medicare Parts A or B can join or drop a Part D prescription drug plan
- Anyone with Original Medicare (Parts A & B) can switch to a Medicare Advantage plan
- Anyone with Medicare Advantage can drop it and switch back to original Medicare (Parts A & B).
- Anyone with Medicare Advantage can switch to a new Medicare Advantage plan
- Anyone with a Part D prescription drug plan can switch to a new Part D prescription drug plan
If you’re at all confused about Medicare Open Enrollment and are unsure what you should do, call Beacon Associates today. Do not delay! Open Enrollment is here and gone before you know it. Right now is the time to make changes so you’ll have the best health care coverage for your current situation.
Information collected from: Your Complete Guide to Medicare Open Enrollment
Your team at Beacon!