Travel insurance provides peace of mind while you’re enjoying a much-needed vacation, enjoying an annual getaway with friends, or experiencing a trip of a lifetime with family. It is insurance that is intended to cover medical expenses, trip cancellation, lost or damaged luggage, and other losses incurred while traveling, international or domestic.
Travel insurance policies differ in their coverage. Policies offer a variety of medical expense options and specific inclusions can be added to cover things such as adventure sports, a rental car, and travels to high risk countries.
Beacon Associates can explain the differences in policy coverage and find an option that is best suited for your specific travels.
Travel insurance policies will typically cover:
- Medical treatment, including transportation to a medical facility
- Cancellation, curtailment, and trip interruption due to:
- death, bodily injury, illness, or disease
- jury service or being called as a witness
- being called up for armed forces duties or other public defense or safety organizations
- prohibition of travel by the government to the intended destination
- officially recommended evacuation from the intended destination
- death or serious illness of a family member (subject to age restrictions)
- Lost, stolen or damaged personal effects or travel documents
- Missed flight connection due to airline rescheduling or delay
- Travel delays due to weather
Call Beacon Associates today and we can secure a travel insurance plan that will take away the stress of traveling and protect you from unexpected circumstances.