Once you sign up for Medicare, you are entitled to preventive tests and screenings with no out-of-pocket expenses. Taking advantage of these free services can help you maintain a healthy lifestyle in your retirement years.
- Well Check – Medicare covers an annual wellness visit to manage and prevent illness.
- Mammogram – This screening test for breast cancer is covered once every 12 months.
- Flu Shot – The flu can be a life threatening illness for senior citizens. Make sure you take advantage of the one free flu shot Medicare offers per flu season.
- Prostate Cancer Screening – Once every 12 months, Medicare covers the blood test that detects the prostate specific antigen levels.
- STD Screening – Sexually transmitted infection tests, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and hepatitis B are covered once every 12 months.
Beacon Associates is available to explain Medicare in a simple, straightforward manner that will help you to best understand your health insurance options. We want you to make the best decision when it comes to your Medicare options. Call us today!
Your team at Beacon!